Mountains and lakes of Argentina and Chile
Priced from £5420 per person
This itinerary includes some of the most spectacular scenery that both Argentina and Chile have to offer. From Buenos Aires to the wind swept peaks of Patagonia, then continuing through the volcanoes and lakes of Chile and culminating with the Atacama Desert.
As a guideline, the itinerary outlined below would cost approximately £5,420 per person based on two people travelling and includes all activities on a private basis, private transfers, entrance fees, accommodation and taxes and meals where mentioned.
In addition, the cost of the internal flights will be approximately is £1,300 per person.
Please note that the itinerary does not include any international flights
|Fly to Buenos Aires. Met on arrival and transferred to the Art hotel for 3 nights in a king room on a b&b basis. Afternoon free for personal exploration.
|In Buenos Aires. The city has a variety of attractions; you could visit the Tigre Delta, take a boat ride over to the UNESCO city of Colonia in Uruguay, or have a city tour through the diverse districts of Buenos Aires.
|Morning free for personal exploration. Met and transferred to the airport for your flight to El Calafate, depart on AR 1896 at 10:50 arrive 16:30 (please note the plane touches down in Bariloche). Met on arrival and transferred to the design Suites hotel for 3 nights in a standard room on a b&b basis.
|Met for you full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier, an awe-inspiring site where you will trek on the glacier and take a boat ride across the front and the chance of seeing blue icebergs break away from this massive Glacier.
|Met in the morning and transferred (shared) to the port for your full day excursion on Lake Argentino to see the Onelli and Upsala glaciers in the VIP Cabin of the boat.
|Met at 07:00 for your drive to Torres del Paine and the Hosteria Las Torres for 4 nights in a room with a view of the Sierra Contreras on a full board basis including all activities.
|3 full days of excursions supplied by the lodge which could include walks to Lago Grey and Francis Glacier, boat rides on Lago Grey and Lago Pehoe and horse riding, though more options are available and can be tailored locally.
|Morning free for personal exploration. Met at 14:00 and transferred to Punta Arenas and the Cabo de Hornos hotel for the night in a superior room on a b&b basis
|Met for your half day visit to the Otway penguin colony, home to over 150,000 Magellenic penguins. Continue to the airport for your internal flight to Puerto Montt, depart on LA 284 at 17:35 arrive 19:45. Met on arrival and transferred to the Todo los Santos Lake and the hotel Petrohue for 4 nights in a superior room on a b&b basis.
|At Petrohue, 3 days free for personal exploration. This is Chile’s oldest national park today and the park contains a range of hiking trails which include; the Paso de la Desolacion which takes you to Cerro La Picada at an altitude of 1710 m / 5.610 ft. During the ascent you have fantastic views of the Todos Los Santos lake and the volcanoes of; Osorno, Tronador, Calbuco and Puntiagudo.
|Met and transferred to the airport for your flight to Calama, via Santiago, depart on LA 274 at 14:05 arrive 15:45, depart Santiago on LA 356 at 18:15 arrive 20:20. Met on arrival and transferred to the Alto Atacama hotel for 5 nights in a Quitor room on a b&b basis.
|4 days to explore this fascinating region. You could do some of the following
1. Early morning (04.00am) depart to Tatio to observe the geothermal phenomenon of Geisers situated at 4.100 metres. Breakfast at the geysers.
2. Full day tour through: Atacama salt flat, Chaxa salt Lagoon with flamingoes, Toconao, Jerez, Altiplanic lakes of Miscanti and Meniques and Socaire with lunch. Return to San Pedro at the end of the day
3. Valley of the Moon. This unearthly wind sculpted scenery is most spectacular at sunset, and accessible on foot, horseback, mountain bike or vehicle.
4. Puritama. One of the nicest walks in the area is following the Puritama canyon for 3 hours to the Puritama hot springs, having a soak in the springs before driving back to San Pedro de Atacama.
5. Salar de Tara. A full day trip by 4×4 vehicle driving across this arid region at the base of the volcanoes. Superb scenery, where volcanoes have dumped strange formations of rocks in the middle of the desert, and the opportunity to swim in secluded hot springs with towering volcanoes above
|Met and transferred to the airport for your internal flight to Santiago, depart on LA 343 at 09:55 arrive 11:55, where you will connect with your return international flight