The house which was built in 2010 has a modern, clean touch and catches the best of the sea views. Casa Cairucu is perfect for families or groups of friends, honeymooners looking for something special, to explore or relax. Paraty is 15 min away by boat and in the other direction are the region’s most beautiful beaches.
There are 3 double (/twin) en suite rooms that face the sea (beds for 10 but ideally 6 to 8 people total), and a further single room on the other side of the house with a bathroom next door, all with i-pod/i-phone docking speakers, views and sea breeze as standard.
A fully equipped kitchen, a small library of CDs, DVDs and books, a selection of board games, snorkelling equipment (for 2), 2 double kayaks and 2 fishing rods. During your stay guests can choose to have their own boat and boatman / guide (English speaking) who’ll show you the best spots and beaches, take you to and show you around beautiful Paraty.
Your stay includes a meet and greet on arrival in Paraty (the guide will accompany you to the house to show you around), and food and drink shopping service so you pay only supermarket prices. Lacking in culinary inspiration? They send you a number of delicious Brazilian dishes you or the maid can prepare. Tell them which you like and they will add the ingredients to your shopping list.
Energy in the house is provided by 4 solar panels, with a diesel generator and battery bank in a separate building to the main house, and water is heated by solar panels. A spring up the hill and filter provides drinking water.
For those that need to be connected, mobile phones do get a signal at the house, and there is wireless internet (though slow) via a 3G modem and router.
Things to do
• Private boat trips to explore the amazing Paraty bay, its beaches such as Praia
Vermelho and Praia da Lula, snorkelling spots like Ilha do Mantimento, Ilha
Comprida and Ilha dos Cocos. Continue to beautiful Cotia, Paraty Mirim and
Saco de Mamangua.
• Colonial Paraty its profusion of beautiful churches, boutique shops, bars and restaurants – is on your door step and within 10-15 minutes you can be whisked there at any time of day. At night separate boat transfers must be organised at extra cost.
• You can swim from the house. The water is lovely and warm and often crystal clear. There are a lot of fish amongst the rocks right in front of the house, and if you are lucky you will often also see starfish and even turtles and dolphins. There are basic sets of snorkelling equipment in the house but if you love swimming/snorkelling we recommend you bring your own.
• The house is also wonderful for relaxing. Deckchairs and hammocks, a library of books and DVD’s. You’re located equal distance between charming Paraty and its stunning beaches.
• The kayaks (2 doubles inc large / medium life jackets) are great fun, another way to explore.
• There is a small path at the back of the house that a few locals use. You can walk to Praia do Bare – an excellent swimming beach for children – in 5 min, the lovely Praia Vermelha is about a 30-40 minute walk in the other direction where there are places for lunch and you can often get a lift back by boat.
• Cachacaria Maria Izabel – straight across the bay Maria Izabel produces her award winning cachaca (sugar cane rum), visits and short tours can be arranged.
• Other excursions from Paraty can be organised at extra cost. For example to visit nearby distillery’s (cachacarias) or a profusion of wonderful waterfalls (such as Tobogan) and beaches (Trindade, Camburi, Picinguaba, Fazenda, Felix to name but a few).
• For the active we can arrange SUP (Stand UP Paddle), sea kayaking and hikes with our great friends Michael and Rodrigo at Paraty Explorer.
Children are welcome and it’s a wonderful environment for fun and exploration. Be aware that there is not a big garden or large flat area apart from the house’s veranda and deck (with gate). The closest sandy beach is a 5 minute walk away (or paddle) and it is very calm and protected (no waves).
Full equipped kitchen, a small library of CDs, DVDs and books, i-pod / i-phone docking speakers in all bedrooms, board games, snorkelling equipment (for 2), 2 fishing rods, 2 double kayaks, hammocks.
Manor Cottage, Papermill Lane, South Moreton, Oxfordshire, OX11 9AH